The Systems Administrator is responsible for performing systems management functions that may include but not limited to; provide technical support in organizing, modifying and supporting the company’s overall systems, network and telecommunications infrastructure (i.e. new system installations and upgrades) and data / voice communications. Install and maintain LAN’s, WAN’s, Internet and intranet systems, and network segments. Responsible for the troubleshooting of servers, storage systems, security, hardware, software and voice / data network solutions. Responsible for the purchase, installation, and maintenance of computers, servers and LAN network connectivity equipment. The Systems Administrator performs local administration and operations functions as appropriate, in accordance with standards, policies and procedures.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain systems, networks and overall system performance of LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
• Provide daily operational and troubleshooting support of personal computers, servers and printers.
• Perform security configuration and administration, creating, locking / unlocking users and resetting user passwords; validation of user security and security roles; maintain basic local user profiles; perform security audits and troubleshoot authorization issues.
• Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users.
• Perform network address assignment.
• Provide daily systems support to internal and outside sales staff.
• Maintain and provide daily operational support of network printers, thermal printers and department specific printers.
• Maintain network servers such as file servers and intrusion detection systems.
• Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, security updates and patches.
• Implementation and support of human resources, payroll, manufacturing, production, shipping and sales software programs.
• Research, evaluate and recommend software, hardware, voice / data network that will support business needs.
• Interact with software vendors, communication providers and internal purchasing department to facilitate the purchase of hardware and software.
• Configure and install system hardware such as servers, backup systems, PC’s, disk drives, storage area networks and misc. printing equipment.
• Provide backup for other site systems administrators.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of four years’ experience in systems, network, and telecommunications. Including experience working with Microsoft operating systems, MS SQL Server environment and network technologies.
• Knowledge of monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance of standard software applications, including MS Office / Windows.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships with a broad spectrum of internal and external customers.
• Ability to remain professional and use discretion when confronted with confidential situations.
• System administration of Cisco, Lenovo, HP switches, IBM servers.
• Knowledge of JD Edwards and E-1 program preferred.
• Strong professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with little supervision and within changing priorities.
• Must have valid driver license.
• Work requires ability to lift 30 – 50 pounds. Work may require moderate physical exertion and/or physical strain.
• Willingness to work flexible hours and being “on-call” with rotating Saturday’s.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment during peak workload periods.
Monrovia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer including: Minorities / Women / Individuals with Disabilities / Protected Veterans.