Effective Date: 1/21/2020
General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) means the European Union (“EU”) law on data protection and privacy applicable to individuals within the EU.
Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
You/Your you or the company you are accessing the Websites on behalf of.
Services means Monrovia.com and GardenAngel.com. Monrovia.com is an online gardening marketplace where gardening enthusiasts of all kinds can learn about and shop for a wide variety of plants based on their local climate conditions. Our Services also allow you to search for local landscaping professionals, gardening centers, and re-wholesalers. GardenAngel.com is an online community and social media platform specifically designed for gardening lovers to share, connect, and grow together with fellow gardeners across the world.
Types of Personal Data We Collect.
Monrovia may collect the following information, which may contain Personal Data, from you when you use the Websites:
- First name;
- Last name;
- Company name;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Password (encrypted);
- Payment information;
- Any other information that you voluntarily upload or submit to the Websites and/or Services directly or indirectly.
- Your IP address;
- Your browser and search engine information;
- Your visitor history;
- Your usage of the Websites and/or Services, including, without limitation, any links or items clicked or pages viewed and statistics;
- Information stored in cookies, pixel tags, or web beacons;
- Analytical data from Google Analytics and/or Google AdSense; and
- Any other additional analytic data that you voluntarily submit to the Websites and/or Services.
Cookies & Similar Technologies.
The Websites and/or Services also utilizes Cookies. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. It is generally placed by your browser and helps us analyze web traffic. Cookies also allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. Web applications can tailor their operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our Websites in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Websites by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Websites.
In addition to cookies that power basic traffic and account settings, we have implemented several Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising, including Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
We use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet. We, as well as third party vendors including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our Websites, as well as to report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site. Similarly, we use Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting (such as age, gender, location, and interests) to help improve the effectiveness of the information we display.
Know that through all of this, we will never facilitate the merging of personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information previously collected from Display Advertising features that is based on the DoubleClick cookie unless we have notified you and received your consent (i.e., affirmative opt-in) to that merger.
The table below sets out how we use different categories of cookies and similar technologies, as well as information on your options for managing the settings for the data collection by these technologies:
|Type of Cookie||Description||Managing Settings|
|Required Cookies (Strictly Necessary)||Required – or strictly necessary – cookies enable you to navigate the Websites and use its features.||Because required cookies are essential to operate the Websites there is no option to opt out of these cookies.|
|Functional Cookies (Non-Strictly Necessary)||Functional – or non-strictly necessary cookies – allow us to remember information you have entered or choices you make, and provide enhanced, more personal features.We use Google Analytics to help us analyze how our Websites is used, including the number of visitors, where the Websites visitors have come from, and the pages they visit. This information is used by us to improve our Websites.||To manage the use of functional cookies on the Websites, please consult your individual browser settings for cookies. Note that opting out may impact the functionality you receive when using our Websites.To learn more about safeguarding your data for Websitess using Google Analytics, visit here. To opt of our data collection by Google Analytics, you can download and install a Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on here.
To learn more about how Google Analytics Cookie Usage on Websites visit here.
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook here.
To opt-out of Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook.
You can also adjust your individual browser settings relating to cookies by visiting these pages:
For other browsers not listed, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides.
List of Cookies we Use
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
The lawful basis for us processing your Personal Data for the uses described above will typically be because you have provided your consent; it is necessary for our contractual relationship; and/or the processing is required for us to provide the Monrovia Services to you.
How Monrovia Uses Your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data to improve our products or services, provide you with the Websites and/or Services, process any requests made by you, communicate with you, identify and fix problems with the Websites and/or Services, communicate with you, and update you regarding changes to the Websites and the Monrovia and third-party services offered through the Websites.
By using the Websites and/or Services, you further authorize the following specific uses of your Personal Data:
- Enable your use of the Websites and its associated services;
- Improve algorithms;
- Measure service usage;
- Develop new features;
- Contact and communicate with you, whether through email, telephone, text message, and/or chat messages within the Websites and/or Services;
- Send notifications, including push notifications, to your mobile device;
- Customize and/or tailor the Websites and/or Services and your user experience, which may include targeted selection and display of third party advertisements within the Websites and/or Services;
- Aggregate certain information that does not include your personal information and disclose it for analysis, demographic profiling and/or targeted advertising;
- Advertise products and services of Monrovia;
- Transmit and process your information and actions within the Websites and/or Services;
- Provide statistical information, and include you in the same;
- Provide you with technical service and support, including updates;
- Provide you with information concerning Monrovia’s benefits or services;
- Store, archive, retrieve, and make copies of your user generated content;
- Understand your needs and requests;
- Communicate promotions or other offers;
- Process payments;
- To improve our products, services, and customer experience.
- Combine your personal and personally identifiable information with information from other Monrovia Services and/or services; and
- Facilitate your use of the Websites and/or Services and upgrades/replacements to the Websites and/or Services.
Sharing of Your Personal Data.
Monrovia will never sell your Personal Data to Personal Data to any third-party without your permission. However, Monrovia will Share Your Personal Data with third-parties in the following circumstances:
- Where Monrovia has obtained your consent;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary to provide you with the Websites, Services, and/or associated services (We may share your personal or personally identifiable information with trusted third-parties who assist us in operating the Websites and/or Services, providing the associated services, and conducting our business);
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary pursuant to a campaign with Facebook and/or Instagram;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary to share personal or personally identifiable information with Monrovia’s parents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns, licensees, affiliates, or business partners;
- Where Monrovia has been purchased by a third party;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary to respond to requests by government authorities;
- Where your Personal Data is demanded by a court order or subpoena;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is needed to protect the employees, independent contractors, officers, directors, members, users, or owners/shareholders of Monrovia;
- Where sharing or disclosure of your Personal Data is needed to help prevent against fraud or the violation of any applicable law, statute, regulation, ordinance, or treaty; and
- Where Monrovia is otherwise legally obligated to share your personal or personally identifiable information.
Monrovia Shares Your Personal Data With the Following Third-Parties:
- Our affiliates, local garden centers, and distribution partners;
No Liability Third-Party Services and Third-Party Links.
The third-party service providers affiliated with Monrovia have their own independent privacy policies governing the use of your Personal Data and we encourage you to read those privacy policies carefully. You understand that even if Monrovia deletes your Personal Data that it may still be available in a third-party service provider’s database. Monrovia has no responsibility or liability for the Personal Data collection, use, or storage activities of the third-party services providers used by Monrovia to provide you with the services associated with the Websites.
Monrovia may include or offer third-party products or services on the Websites and/or Services and provide third-party links to the same. These third-party Websitess have separate and independent privacy policies. Monrovia has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of such third parties or their Websites. We encourage you to read carefully the privacy policies of all such third-party Websites. We seek to protect the integrity of the Websites and Services and therefore welcome any feedback about any such third-party Websites.
Personal Data Transfer and Storage.
Your Personal Data is stored and processed on computers and servers in the United States and through your use of the Websites and/or Services, you consent to the processing and storage of your Personal Data and personally identifiable information. You understand that your Personal Data may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide Personal Data to us, please note that we transfer your Personal Data to the United States and process it here, and that we may store portions of your Personal Data in the United States.
Websites and Services users understand and agree that if they provide Monrovia with Personal Data that it may stored indefinitely, depending upon the length of the Session Organizer’s subscription. As long as Session Organizers have an active subscription with Monrovia, Personal Data – such as geolocation tracking – reflected in Session Reports will remain on Monrovia’s servers. If a Session Organizer ends their subscription, they may pay Monrovia to continue storage of Session Reports and other Personal Data. As specified above, even if Monrovia deletes your Personal Data from its own serves, it may still be available in a third-party service provider’s database. You should consult with those third-parties in the event you would like Personal Data deleted therefrom.
Personal Data Security.
Monrovia uses industry standard technology to store and help prevent against the unauthorized disclosure of your Personal Data. Though we undertake commercially reasonable efforts to protect your information, no Websites, software, or online service is completely safe. Accordingly, you provide all such information at your own risk.
In order to protect your Personal Data, Monrovia uses specific security measures, such Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts information you input at 128-bit strength. This is denoted in most web browsers by a small padlock application on the bottom bar of the window and the address of the window changing from http:// to https://, indicating a secure connection.
Purchase or Sale of the Websites or Other Assets.
How To Stop Monroviafrom collecting your Personal Data.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at [email protected].
If you would like to opt out of cookie tracking, you can do so by visiting Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.
Additionally, using the Google’s Ads Settings, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of this information, please email us at [email protected].
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
When using the Websites and/or Services, you are obligated to inform Monrovia of any changes to your Personal Data.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 (“CCPA”), California residents have the right to make a verifiable consumer request for us to take the following actions:
- Provide you with access to the personal information that we have collected about you, including a description of the categories and specific pieces of data collected, and where we collected this data from.
- Disclose whether your personal information has been sold or disclosed to any third parties and the identity of such third parties.
- Stop selling your personal information upon notification by you that you would like to “opt out” of the sale of your personal information.
- Delete your personal information upon your request.
Upon receipt of a verifiable consumer request in accordance with the current California Attorney General’s regulations, we will promptly take steps to appropriately comply with your request free of charge within forty five (45) days. If we determine that it is reasonably necessary for us to extend this period by another forty five (45) days, we will provide notice to you within the initial forty five (45) day period with an explanation of why we need more time to complete your request. You may make a verifiable consumer request once every twelve (12) months. We do not discriminate against any users who exercise any of their rights under the CCPA; however, some prices or service offerings may vary if reasonably related to the value provided by the personal data.
If you would like to send a verifiable consumer request to exercise any of your rights, you can do so by contacting us toll free at at 888-752-6848, at our Websites https://www.monrovia.com/contact-us/, or via email at [email protected]
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Policy.
The Websites and/or Services are not intended for or directed to users under the age of 18, and Monrovia does not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13 or other minors. Where applicable, Monrovia takes reasonable measures to determine that users are adults of legal age and to inform minors not to submit such information to the Websites and/or Services or in response to advertisements. If you are concerned that Personal Data may have been inadvertently provided to or collected by Monrovia, please contact us immediately so appropriate steps may be taken to remove such information from Monrovia’s database.
Contact and Notices.